Meet Larry Ward
Larry is the owner of High Performance Golf Academy. A four-time winner of the Kentucky Section PGA Teacher of the Year Award (2011, 2012, 2015 & 2016) and 2017 Horton Smith Award winner, Larry has been teaching golf for more than 20 years. Ward was also twice honored as a Top 25 Elite Junior Golf Coach in America by Future Champions Golf (FCG). He has conducted more than 24,000 golf lessons and 1,800 club fittings, and has coached students at every level from beginner to the PGA and LPGA Tours.
Ward believes in a fundamentally heavy approach to coaching utilizing the following TPPM Basic Formula—Technical Training, Physical Training, Proper Equipment, and Mental Training/Goal Setting. He was formerly the lead instruction writer for Pub Links Magazine and is the author of the book, “The Practice Guide.”
- 2011, 2012, 2015, & 2016 Kentucky Section PGA Teacher of the Year
- 2017 Horton Smith Award winner
- Currently teaches 28 college players
- Currently teaches 5 mini-tour players
- Has taught over 24,000 lessons for over 20 years
- Two-time Top 25 Elite Junior Coach in America
- Has conducted over 1,500 club fittings
- PGA Class A member
($122.50 – Keene Trace Member)
|Taught on the hour (45-min lesson)|
|Full Day||$1,200 (plus travel expenses)|
Larry’s Lesson Packages
All lesson packages are invitation only and based on an evaluation.
Meet Tyrus York
The 2014 and 2017 Kentucky Section PGA Teacher of the Year, Tyrus was named head coach of the women’s golf team at NCAA Division III Transylvania University in March 2016. A collegiate player himself at the University of the Cumberlands (formerly Cumberland College), Tyrus entered the PGA Professional Golf Management Program and became a Class A PGA Professional Member in 2010. Since joining the High Performance Golf Academy in 2011, he has helped many juniors achieve their goal of playing NCAA golf. His many professional certifications include SeeMore Putter Certified Instructor, Sam Putt Lab (Level 3), and K-Vest (Level 2).
- 2014 & 2017 Kentucky Section PGA Teacher of the Year
- Nominated for 2011, 2012, and 2013 Junior Golf Leader of the Year in the Kentucky Section
- K-Vest Level 2 Certified
- Sam Putt Lab Level 3 Certified
- SeeMore Putter Certified Instructor
- Putting Zone Certified
- EyeLine Golf Certified Instructor
Meet Myra Blackwelder
Over a distinguished golf career that includes Rookie of the Year honors on the LPGA Tour in 1980, Myra has developed great expertise in golf skills development and tournament play. In 25-plus years as a teacher/coach, she has coached four KHSAA Individual Girls Champions, eight players on the Symetra and LPGA Tours, a Women’s Western Amateur Champion, a Symetra Tour Champion and two Junior Ryder Cup team members. She has also helped her students earn college scholarships at institutions such as her alma mater, the University of Kentucky, and other in-state schools such as Louisville, Eastern Kentucky and Western Kentucky, as well as out-of-state schools such as Cincinnati, Florida, North Carolina, Purdue, Wake Forest, Army and Virginia. She also led the Kentucky Lady Wildcats team from 2007-2010, returning them to postseason play for the first time in a decade. When her daughter Mallory qualified for the LPGA Tour in 2009, they became the first-ever mother-daughter LPGA Tour members in history.
- LPGA Tour Member since 1980 and LPGA Legends Tour Member since 2000
- Won LPGA Tour-Louise Suggs Rookie of the Year Award sponsored by Golf Digest and Rolex in 1980
- Served as University of Kentucky Head Women’s Golf Coach from 2007-2010, and was a Lady Wildcats player from 1974-78
- Member of the KHSAA Hall of Fame, the Kentucky Golf Hall of Fame, and the Kentucky Athletic Hall of Fame
$150 or package of 4 – $450
Keene Trace Members: $105
45 minute private lessons are a great choice to improve your technique and performance. Through a strategic mix of evaluation, personalized instruction, drills, and practice strategies, I will help you develop a plan to elevate your game. Instruction sessions are designed to give you the tools you need to develop your confidence. Let’s begin the process!
$120 or package of 10-$800
Keene Trace Members: $85
There is no shortcut to skills mastery, but along the way there are numerous rewards and milestones achieved that lead to personal satisfaction and championships. Success requires the development of critical and conceptual thinking skills, decision making, organization, self-reliance, personal responsibility and work ethic. Let’s get started!
Meet Grover Justice
Grover brings 12 years of experience in the golf industry as a club professional and tour player. Grover had an outstanding career at the University of Kentucky where he won five collegiate tournaments as an individual, was a two-year Academic All American and named Second-Team All SEC. After graduating from UK, Grover joined Champion Trace as an Assistant Golf Professional. He was named Kentucky Assistant Player of the year in 1999 and was the Head Golf Professional and Superintendent at Green Meadow Country Club from 2003-2004. Grover toured professionally for six years on various mini-tours, including the Nationwide Tour. He was the low professional in the Kentucky Open in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
- Five-time individual winner at the University of Kentucky
- Two-time Academic All-American and Second-Team All SEC at Kentucky
- Low Professional, Kentucky Open (2005, 2006 and 2007)
Non-Member Individual Lesson – $130
Keene Trace Member Individual Lesson – $90
Playing Lesson – $160
Fitting (1 Hour) – $80
Fitting (2 Hours) – $150
5 Lesson Package – $450